Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Another day, another post

So today I was composing a blog post in my head while the gari drove through 'mirza ghalib street' and into park street. A post about Kolkata. I was thinking about photos I must take. This weekend. Fo' sho'.

I have bought cocoa powder, aluminium cake tin and vanilla essence. From New Market, no less. But my parents have no oven. But one of the neighbours does. Dekhi, permission-termission an' all.

Spent most of today running after dog with humongous magotty wound. My hands still smell of rotting flesh. And eucalyptus oil. And the dog refuses to eat mishti/chicken liver with medicine. Ooof!

I wish I could just curl up and read without a care in the world. Instead there's work, there's one's sanity to think of and ma's broken leg and dogs and cats and a thousand other things. How do people prioritise? Their 'causes', their anxieties? Kashmir or stray animals? Singur kids or the environment? I'm exhausted. And I haven't even begun.

PS: watched Food Inc. today. Oree baba go! Hope things are different in Europe.

No comments: