Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dhandhar Thekeo Jotil Tumi...

I love this song! Can't stop singing it. যদিও it doesn't make perfect sense, I like its raw, unpolished feel. That is, I think it has a raw, unpolished feel to it.

I finished reading Under The Jaguar Sun. I didn't like A King Listens as much as the other two stories. Let me find the book now and quote bits:

*this is the last paragraph/sentence of the story*
Under the thatched arbor of a restaurant on a river bank, where Olivia had waited for me, our teeth began to move slowly, with equal rhythm, and our eyes stared into each other's with the intensity of serpents'--serpents concentrated in the ecstasy of swallowing each other in turn, as we were aware, in our turn, of being swallowed by the serpent that digests us all, assimilated ceaselessly in the process of ingestion and digestion, in the universal cannibalism that leaves its imprint on every amorous relationship and erases the lines between our bodies...

No comments: